This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin cpio with tape support?
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Beauchamp, Warren J (GE Comm Fin)" <warren dot beauchamp at ge dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:34:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: cygwin cpio with tape support?
- References: <0B325729120E424CA37C2D7832B3F0E201A95373@CINMLVEM20.e2k.ad.ge.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Beauchamp, Warren J wrote:
> I have poked around on the web trying to find this for a while and am
> out of luck.
> I have a DAT drive on a Win2000 server, have installed the latest build
> of cygwin(1.5.20), and am able to mount and access the DAT drive with mt
> and tar but not with cpio. There's a cpio archive on the tape I need to
> read. I have seen references to cygwin builds of cpio that contain tape
> support. Can you point me in the right direction for the current
Can you access the drive with dd? You should be able to use dd to write
the archive to stdout, and then pipe it to "cpio -i"...
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas, puisque tu t'en rends compte."
"But no -- you are no fool; you call yourself a fool, there's proof enough in
that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html