Re: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

Dave Korn wrote:
On 06 July 2006 23:02, Darryl Miles wrote:
However according to MSDN this function is undocumented.

No, it's documented in the DDK these days.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Kernel_r/hh/Kernel_r/k111_822ab812-a644-4574-8d89-c4ebf5b17ea5.xml.asp?frame=true

(ZwQueryInformationFile == NtQueryInformationFile)

Please explain the relevance for the uninitiated.

The Zw stuff looks like Device Drive APIs, where as we want Userspace/Application APIs.

There is no documented type for FILE_INFORMATION_CLASS=FilePipeLocalInformation in the Zw functions.

So my stance is still the same. A MS rocket scientist is still necessary requirement to continue with the existing approach. The rocket scientist will understand things that mere mortals wont :).

Maybe you are in a better position to share more insight into the situation (specifically about the use of NtQueryInformationFile in addressing the writability semantics of the POSIX select/poll/write event system).

Darryl