This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Which list should cygwin development be discussed on ?
- From: "Joe Smith" <unknown_kev_cat at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:42:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Which list should cygwin development be discussed on ?
- References: <44A474CE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060630011818.GD2154@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
"Christopher Faylor" <email@example.com> wrote in
On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 01:48:14AM +0100, Darryl Miles wrote:
Is my more technical discussion better put onto the cygwin-patches list
No. The mailing list descriptions really are accurate. If you don't
have a patch, then you shouldn't be sending email to cygwin-patches.
Most cygwin development discussion occurs on the main list or on
Basically The general rule for cygwin apps appears to be that the first
messgage in a thread has to
be about creation of new packages, or discussions about packaging policy.
(Also requests for uploads go to that list).
Then the disussion can drift a little to more general cygwin development,
but should still be in the context of a specific package.
Also, discussion of the development of setup.exe usually takes place on
cygwin-apps, because that is the designated list for discussing bugs in
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html