This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Need help running expect script under CYGWIN...
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:51:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: Need help running expect script under CYGWIN...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I'm by no means a scripting/*NIX/Expect guru - but a while back was able to
> stumble through setting up Windows/CYGWIN/expect enough to put together a
> really functional system for basic network management of Cisco routers and
> switches. Everything ran fine on my old laptop which died recently. I've
> just downloaded the latest CYGWIN to my new laptop (I'm assuming a newer
You didn't mention whether you were using Windows' telnet.exe or
Cygwin's (inetutils) telnet. (If you had attached the cygcheck output
as per the reporting guidelines this would have been clear.) You
probably will have difficulty using Windows' telnet with expect as it
does not know about ptys, but Cygwin's telnet should work fine.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html