This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Change to Dwarf-2 debug info.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, mingw-users at lists dot sourceforge dot net
- Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:50:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: Change to Dwarf-2 debug info.
- References: <000c01c69c19$2048df80$8b6d65da@anykey>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com, mingw-users at lists dot sourceforge dot net
On Jun 30 19:45, Danny Smith wrote:
> I thought it was about time to change the default debug info for cygwin
> and mingw from stabs to dwarf2.
> Currently the default of stabs can be overriden by '-ggdb' (==use the
> best format for gdb)
> Apple has done just such a change in gcc 4.2.
> GCC 4.3 stage 1 seems like a good time to change the default for mingw32
> and cygwin.
Thumbs up from me. The Cygwin build process is supposed to work
with dwarf2 debug sections already.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html