This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Problem with ssh and public key authentication
- From: "Robert Lurin" <rlurin at platform dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:21:45 -0400
- Subject: Problem with ssh and public key authentication
While doing a proof of concept with our product (LSF, a batch management system), we found the following problem, on a system with Openssh installed:
- we open an ssh session with public key authentication (no password entry)
- we try to submit a job and the submission fails because the submission command is unable to determine the submission account (actually it thinks the submission account is NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, the local system account)
I found the following mail which exactly matches our problem (after changing the user, the Win32 API still returns the original user)
, but it's quite old..
I would like to know if this problem is still present in the current version of Cygwin, running on a Windows 2000 system, and if there is any work-around.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Tél: +33 1 41 10 09 24
Cel: +33 6 86 43 58 14
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html