This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems compiling ImageMagick
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:39:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: Problems compiling ImageMagick
- Openpgp: url=hkp://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
- References: <44A1A224.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <44A1BEBE.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> Hi René!
>> Probably you don't have Cygwin's bin directory in PATH (the Windows
>> variable not the shell env variable).
> That does not help. :-( I added the value, double checked and booted the
> computer, but these error messages remain.)
First tought: why do you want to compile ImageMagic? is the version distributed
by Cygwin not working?
About the linker messages: can you compile a simple program? do you have the
required pre-requisites to compile ImageMagic?
I assume you are using a shell (bash probably) in a terminal window (Windows
cmd.exe or rxvt), can you list the required library: "ls -al
/usr/bin/cygbz2-1.dll" (I see a 56K file).
> But it could really be that something in the Windows environment is
> buggy since the errors remained after deleting cygwin.
Deleting Cygwin means you don't have the linker (and compiler) so where could
the errors come from?
Perhaps we have a wrong idea of what you are trying to do. Could you be more
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html