This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Where to get cygwin gcc 3.3.3 source
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: John Neil <JNeil at nvidia dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:16:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: Where to get cygwin gcc 3.3.3 source
- References: <8E5ACAE05E6B9E44A2903C693A5D4E8A17F0D76F@hqemmail02.nvidia.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
PLEASE do not reply to me personally. Keep all replies to the list.
John Neil wrote:
> Hmmm... so there is no special "Cygwin" version of the gcc 3.3.3 source?
> I tried compiling the GNU gcc 3.3.3 source once and got different
> behavior with compiled apps than the installed Cygwin 3.3.3 binary.
Yes, of course there is, and that is exactly what I was trying to tell
you. Look on any *Cygwin* mirror site and you'll find the gcc source
packages, which include all the Cygwin-local patches. Note that the
filenames I quoted are "gcc-core-3.3.3-3-src.tar.bz2" and not
"gcc-core-3.3.3.tar.gz". The former is the Cygwin source package name,
the latter is the upstream source tarball.
> My Cygwin mirror seems to have gcc 3.3.3 off by itself in a releases
> Whereas all other releases are located at:
You're looking at a GNU mirror site, not a Cygwin mirror site. Those
are upstream, stock FSF releases of gcc. mirrors.kernel.org mirrors
many projects and you're looking at the wrong one. You want:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html