This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: email-2.5.0-1
- From: Ross Smith II <cygwinspam at netebb dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:09:16 -0700
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: email-2.5.0-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Version 2.5.0-1 of email has been uploaded.
Email is a simple command-line program to send emails. It can be configured
to use either your sendmail installation or directly via SMTP.
It supports binary attachments, and a simple text based address book, with groups.
Also, if GnuPG is installed, it can digitally sign and encrypt outgoing emails.
- Separated e-mail name and address and only format them in the
headers. Only use address surrounded by <> as per RFC 822 for
the MAIL FROM: and RCPT TO: SMTP commands.
- Added Dstring library which is a string library to growing
- Using Dstring's for reading in config file and address book.
This fixes the MINBUF limitations that were happening with
very long Groups in the address book.
- Added ability to specify new headers on the command line.
- Handle \r in address book so that Cygwin users don't have to
put a comment at the end of their lines.
- the --attach and --header option can be specified multiple
times and also have multiple entries with comma delimeters.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html