This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: FW: Need help to compile coreutils-5.96
- From: ericblake at comcast dot net (Eric Blake)
- To: Olivier Langlois <olanglois at quazal dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:37:34 +0000
- Subject: RE: FW: Need help to compile coreutils-5.96
> I have tried to rerun configure prep after installing automake but it
> did not do anything. The missing step was to execute autoreconf. I have
> no clue what this command does but that is what was needed.
autoreconf runs both automake and autoconf, as needed.
> Since you are maintaining the package, I suggest adding a small comment
> in the INSTALL file about this issue. It would probably help others that
> might have the same problem that I had.
I already did - quoting /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/coreutils-5.96.README:
Additional build conditions (these or newer):
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html