This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Unable to delete directory in Cygwin
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:28:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: Unable to delete directory in Cygwin
- References: <1F211FE03383644EAA6BB7A52FCD9B9B0927A0@sohm.kpit.com> <1F211FE03383644EAA6BB7A52FCD9B9B0927A4@sohm.kpit.com>
* Gina Verlekar (2006-06-15 10:53 +0000)
> I have implemented some changes in the linker code for some intermediate
> For that I need to create a temporary directory, generate some
> files in it, process those files by calling a function. After processing
> of the
> intermediate files, I delete the intermediate files and the temporary
> While this logic works fine in the linux, the temporary directory does
> not get
> deleted in cygwin.
> After debugging using gdb, I found that in cygwin, the intermediate
> files still
> had some handlers open for it inspite of reaching till the end of the
> function in linker. Due to this, the temporary files get deleted only
> exiting from the main. Hence as the temporary drectory is not empty till
> it cannot get deleted.
> This behaviour is not seen in linux. Care has been taken in the code for
> opening and closing of the intermediate files.
> Is this a known behavior in cygwin? Any inputs will be appreciated.
mkdir test && cd test && rmdir ../test
does work in Linux but not under Windows and therefor not under
Cygwin can't break Windows rules. Under Linux you can name a file c:,
under Windows and under Cygwin not.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html