This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Running PVM on Cygwin: /tmp/pvmd.459794: No such file or directory
- From: <Alexander dot Farber at nokia dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:22:14 +0200
- Subject: Running PVM on Cygwin: /tmp/pvmd.459794: No such file or directory
I'm using latest Cygwin on WinXP and have managed
to compile PVM 3.4.4 after few minor tweaks:
1) In conf/CYGWIN.def I've put:
-DARCHCLASS=\"CYGWIN\" -DRSHCOMMAND=\"ssh\" (I use ssh keys)
and also added -lrpclib -lreadline to ARCHDLIB and ARCHLIB
2) In console/cons.c I've added #include <readline/history.h>
3) In xdr/types.h I've removed prototype: extern char *malloc();
4) my $HOME contains spaces: "/cygdrive/c/Documents and
so I had do put quotes around -f "$HOME/.somefilename"
in the pvm and pvmd scripts in several spots.
After that PVM compiles fine, but I have troubles to start the
$ /usr/local/pvmgmake/pvm3/lib/CYGWIN/pvm.exe /tmp/pvmhostfile.152
libpvm [pid3848] /tmp/pvmd.459794: No such file or directory
libpvm [pid3848]: Console: Can't start pvmd
$ cat /tmp/pvmhostfile.152
$ echo $PVM_ROOT $PVM_ROOT_U
OpenSSH access works fine, this can't be the reason:
$ ssh-add -l
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/afarber/.ssh/id_dsa (DSA)
I suspect, that something very minor is missing
(some space in a path or maybe ".exe" missing somewhere)
I keep looking through PVM's source code to find the place,
where pvm starts pvmd but haven't found that yet.
Did anybody else struggle with PVM on Cygwin
and do you have any hints for me please?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html