This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: clean uninstalled 1.5.18-1 but cannot install 1.5.12-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 17:50:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: clean uninstalled 1.5.18-1 but cannot install 1.5.12-1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:25:02PM -0700, thanhvn wrote:
>Followed instructions at
>successfully clean uninstalled cygwin 1.5.18-1. (The only exception is I
>renamed the c:\cygwin directory instead of deleting it.) I rebooted and
>tried to install 1.5.12-1 but the installer says Nothing to install. It
>seems somehow the machine still remembers the previous cygwin install (even
>though I cleaned out the registry as described in the FAQ). What should I
>do? I have WinXP. Thanks.
I don't know where you got the impression that it is possible to install
two-year-old versions of cygwin via setup.exe but it really isn't possible.
The current version of the cygwin dll is 1.5.19-4.
We don't really support older versions here.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html