This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-20050409-3
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 04:49:57 -0400
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-20050409-3
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
RXVT is a VT102 terminal emulator for both X and Windows.
This is a bugfix update (as was the -2 release, which I neglected to
announce). This release should correct the issues with
font-size-changing in native windows mode, reported
Thanks to Gilbert, Cheetah, and rene.
The -2 release fixed an issue where rxvt would hide a user's interactive
Changes since 20050409-2:
* Implement XTranslateCoords() within libW11 in an attempt to get
smart resizing to work. Discover that most Xservers lie about
upper-left-corner position of client windows, such that WM decorations
are already accounted for -- and thus the small section rxvt code
within the smart-resize function that "compensates" for WM decorations
is not active with "real" Xservers.
But libW11 doesn't lie about WM decorations.And rxvt's "compensation"
code -- active in this case -- is hopelessly broken.
Don't use --enable-smart-resize.
Changes since 20050409-1:
* Removed hide_console code. As it happens, the W11 wrapper
library already had similar -- smarter -- code for hiding
the console. This pre-existing code did not hide the console
rxvt was invoked via a bash-in-cmd.exe shell, whereas the now-removed
code did do so. Thus, invoking 'rxvt' from the command line in such
a shell permanently hid the user's existing session. This was bad.
* However, this means we will need a different solution for when we
invoke rxvt via a script and WANT the script's console hidden.
* Turned on support for 24bit visuals (may only have effect when in
X mode), as well as selection scrolling.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html