Re: Cygwin and Windows Vista Beta 2 (FAQ alert)

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 12:01:01AM -0400, Robert Pendell wrote:
>Maybe someone can offer to fix this now that Vista has gone into the
>public beta phase.  I can post links here if someone asks for them.

It's extremely unlikely.  We don't usually try to get Cygwin working on
moving targets.  We have enough trouble with the stationary ones.

The Cygwin web page says this:

    "The Cygwin DLL works with all non-beta, non "release candidate", ix86
    32 bit versions of Windows since Windows 95, with the exception of
    Windows CE."

I guess this belongs as a FAQ entry as it comes up every time Microsoft
has a new beta.

Btw, what this means is that I normally ignore complaints about Cygwin
not working on beta versions of Windows.  I can't testify for Corinna,
however.  In know that in some rare occasions a Red Hat customer might
have an interest and will pay to get something working but this is not
a common occurrence.

cgf