This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: UTF-8 Cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 19:36:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: UTF-8 Cygwin
- References: <447FD382.email@example.com> <4485F28D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 02:24:29PM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
>SUZUKI Hisao wrote:
>>I made a patch to cygwin1.dll to support UTF-8.
>>It allows you to use all of characters and file (or path) names
>>allowed in Windows, while keeping binary-compatibility with the
>>current Cygwin. It is fairly perfect except for lack of locale
>>support etc. So it may remind you of the good old BeOS. See:
>(and for bottom readers...)
>When will we see this in the main-stream cygwin?
You can answer your own question.
Look here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/ and see if you notice
any patch submissions.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html