This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd: fork of unprivileged child failed
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 16:27:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: sshd: fork of unprivileged child failed
- Openpgp: url=hkp://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
- References: <BEA70E0A3FEDAAAA547BDE99@qjunbur.quns.cam.ac.uk>
Robin Walker wrote:
> I have a system with Cygwin sshd installed that refuses to accept
> connections. sshd is running and listening on port 22.
> In the Windows Application Log there are, for each failed connection
> attempt, entries of the form:
> sshd: PID xxxx: fatal: fork of unprivileged child failed.
What is you configuration in respect to privilege separation?
And a few more details could be useful, version of Windows, any special ssh
configuration? was sshd and users installed following the provided documentation?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html