This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
please test ptys and ttys in the latest snapshot
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 23:16:42 -0400
- Subject: please test ptys and ttys in the latest snapshot
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've rewritten some of the pty/tty code in the latest snapshot to work
around problems that Dave Korn raised. Thanks to Dave for finding the
problem and for his patch which would have made things work better.
If you read the cygwin-patches mailing list, you will see that, after
thinking about Dave's patch, I realized that Cygwin was fairly badly
broken wrt handling of ptys. So, I reimplemented the pty/tty master
component similar to a rewrite of the pty/tty slave stuff that was done
a while ago.
What all of this means, of course, is that I probably broke something
in a subtle way and, so, I'd like to hear if the current snapshot
works for you. Please respond to this thread, if so.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html