This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: squid status?
- From: Shaddy Baddah <shaddy_baddah at hotmail dot com dot INVALID>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:57:46 +0700
- Subject: Re: squid status?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Sven KÃhler wrote:
I remember, that it once worked.Nope. Sounds like it would be worthwhile to debug it.
Any clue, why squid is that broken?
squid is strange. It looks in /etc/resolv.conf for DNS-server, it checks
the cache-directories - and if something is not right (not DNS-servers
in resolv.conf, chache-directories don't exist) then squid crashes.
So i fixed all, that squid was concerned about, and now it's up and running.
I am glad that you have been successful. Unfortunately, every time I've
had to use it, I've had to use one that I had patched according with the
The squid version hasn't advanced since then.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html