This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How come I'm still the mkgroup group?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:31:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: How come I'm still the mkgroup group?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Clifford Moravetz wrote:
I'm wondering why I'm still in the 'mkgroup' group even after running
the mkgroup and mkpasswd commands. I ran these commands like this:
mkpasswd -l -d > /etc/passwd
mkgroup -l -d > /etc/group
but when I run the id command I'm still in the mkgroup. Here's the
output from my id command:
It got wrapped in a few odd places because of Yahoo's rules about
word wrapping. I've attached the output of cygcheck as requested.
Thank you. It looks like your primary group ID is 22162. It's possible
that 'mkgroup' is having problems getting information for that group id
from your domain. Do you see any errors when you run 'mkgroup'?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html