This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Detecting intrusive programs in cygcheck (was: RE: SOLVED: sshd+ssh localhost connects, but don't reach the shell)
- From: "Steven Hartland" <killing at multiplay dot co dot uk>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 05:13:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: Detecting intrusive programs in cygcheck (was: RE: SOLVED: sshd+ssh localhost connects, but don't reach the shell)
- References: <002501c68463$ee322410$020aa8c0@DFW5RB41>
Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
1. Does ZoneAlarm cause the same volume of havok with other software
as it does with Cygwin? The equation appears to be "Cygwin +
ZoneAlarm = Disaster", but I have a hard time believing that it isn't
really a system of equations more along the lines of
"AnythingThisSideOfNotepad + ZoneAlarm = Disaster".
Yes ZoneAlarm is a total disaster. I would hate to put a figure
on the amount of PC's we've had trouble with and its turned out
to be "THAT!!" software.
This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.
In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html