This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 20060529: python and semaphores
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:58:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: 20060529: python and semaphores
- References: <447CFD10.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 09:18:56PM -0500, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>While attempting to package eric3, python (2.4.3-1) just segfaults on
>the included install.py script before it can do anything else. This
>used to work with cygwin-1.5.18-1 and python-2.4.1-1, and since I've
>had similar problems with cygwin-1.5.19-4 and python-2.4.1-1, I'm
>fairly sure that cygwin1.dll (both 1.5.19-4 and 20060529 snapshot) is
>the culprit here.
>Note that python is otherwise working normally (e.g. distutils,
>I've attached the install.py script, its backtrace, and cygcheck
Unless I'm missing something, the backtrace is useless and probably doesn't
show a real problem. It is just YA example of the "OMG! I get SIGSEGV's in
GDB!!!!" problem which we must discuss every day here.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html