This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd+ssh localhost connects, but don't reach the shell
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 18:11:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: sshd+ssh localhost connects, but don't reach the shell
- References: <BAY114-F39E055D44FACBC35870F4CBF920@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 05/30/2006, Vilar Camara wrote:
After all, I'm really suspicious about that ZoneAlarm DLL. But I think I
can only purge it if I uninstall the firewall. Oh my.
You are correct. Turning it off is not enough. ZA inserts itself into the
TCP stack so turning it off is not the same as not having it installed. FWIW,
ZA has caused all sorts of problems for Cygwin-X. There haven't been the
reports of problems with just ssh, but there's always a first time.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html