This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd+ssh localhost connects, but don't reach the shell
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:48:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: sshd+ssh localhost connects, but don't reach the shell
- Openpgp: url=hkp://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
- References: <BAY114-F28C1E4FCC88A77F6E74008BF9D0@phx.gbl>
Vilar Camara wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> As a programmer, I'll try to be somewhat verbose. Sorry if there is
> information in excess.
> I've installed sshd following the tutorial on
> http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html, including the mkpasswd
Stop right there.
If you search this list for that link you'll find that many people have problems
after following the instructions.
The only procedure that should be followed is in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README; unless you really know what you are doing.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html