This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: note about how-to-debug-cygwin.txt
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:45:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: note about how-to-debug-cygwin.txt
- References: <447A0F37.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 10:59:35PM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>In the how-to-debug-cygwin.txt there is listed how to run application
>using strace in gdb:
>To debug this scenario, do something like this:
> bash$ gdb -nw yourapp.exe
> (gdb) dll cygwin1
> (gdb) l dll_crt0_1
> (gdb) b <<first line in the function>>
> (gdb) run
> (gdb) set strace.active=1
> (gdb) continue
>According to winsup/cygwin/include/sys/strace.h the class member active
>is known now as _active.
I've changed this.
>I have tried to get this running in gdb (cvs), but there is no output in
Getting output from gdb was not the intent of this section. Look at the
name of the section: "Program dies when running under strace". If the
intent was to get output from gdb it would have been something like
"Make gdb output strace info".
I'm not aware of any way to have gdb print strace info.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html