This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin: texi2dvi stumbles over texinfo.tex
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: karl at freefriends dot org (Karl Berry)
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, bug-texinfo at gnu dot org, Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de
- Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 23:49:54 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin: texi2dvi stumbles over texinfo.tex
- References: <200605281713.k4SHD3P20160@f7.net>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 12:13:03 -0500
> From: email@example.com (Karl Berry)
> Cc: Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de
> Ralf's texi2dvi changes are clearly not generally applicable. E.g., Eli
> has spent a lot of time making Texinfo (and everything else) work under
> DJGPP. I can't just blow that away.
The suggested change will blow away not only the DJGPP support, but
also the native Windows (a.k.a. MinGW) build support. We should try
to support Cygwin without breaking other ports.
> If there's a way to detect when it's running under Cygwin, then the
> changes could be conditionalized as needed, I presume.
I think CYGWIN is such a variable, but Chris is a better person to
tell the details.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html