This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: error message: .infig.status: error cannot find input file
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 01:25:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: error message: .infig.status: error cannot find input file
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
"Henk M. de Bruijn" wrote:
> checking whether assembler supports --noexecstack option... no
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating
> .infig.status: error: cannot find input file:
This is just a random guess; there's not a lot of information to go on
The fact that you see this ".in" at the beginning of the line
(overwriting the beginning of "config.status") implies that there was a
stray \r in a value somewhere, and that this is a line-ending issue.
This might happen if you were using DOS-delimited files on a binary-mode
mount. If you used a native windows SVN client then that would probably
be why. Either use Cygwin's SVN or set your mount modes to properly
reflect the line endings of the files.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html