This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Source C-code for shell (bash) that processes an asterisk as a special symbol
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Alex Vinokur <alexvn at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:00:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Source C-code for shell (bash) that processes an asterisk as a special symbol
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 25 May 2006, Alex Vinokur wrote:
> We have mini-shell that doesn't process an asterisk '*' as a special
> symbol. Is there any free source C-code on Cygwin that implements that
If I understand your question correctly, there are at least 4 different
sources for shells, plus various other programs (e.g., make). What you're
looking for is called "wildcard processing". Beware of licensing issues,
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas, puisque tu t'en rends compte."
"But no -- you are no fool; you call yourself a fool, there's proof enough in
that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html