This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin: texi2dvi stumbles over texinfo.tex (was: failed checks for automake 1.9.6)
- From: karl at freefriends dot org (Karl Berry)
- To: dave dot korn at artimi dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, bug-automake at gnu dot org, bug-texinfo at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:03:39 -0500
- Subject: RE: Cygwin: texi2dvi stumbles over texinfo.tex (was: failed checks for automake 1.9.6)
Ok, you got me curious. How does TeX know what application wrote the file
if it's not "to do with" the contents of that file?
Sorry, I was referring to the one-line source file
\input texinfo @bye
As for the .fmt file, yes, it surely records whether tex, etex, pdfetex,
etc., was used to generate it. Hence the error.
Ralf, what is the output if you run
from the command line? Also
This is e-TeXk, Version 3.141592-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
This shows that texi2dvi is invoking etex.
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4) (INITEX)
This shows that mktexfmt is invoking pdfetex to build etex.fmt.
This mismatch is causing the error.
This is controlled by the file fmtutil.cnf. What does that file look
like in your installation?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html