This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Solution to "rsync plus cygwin: language problems with filenames"
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:37:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: Solution to "rsync plus cygwin: language problems with filenames"
- References: <20060521094250.GA32484@warszawa.7bulls.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 11:42:50AM +0200, Rafal Wojtczuk wrote:
>I created a patch for cygwin1.dll which solves a problem with rsync on
>cygwin platform, caused by national characters in filenames ("file has
>vanished" error message). Patch, cygwin1.dll and readme available at
>The patch received little testing, but so far it works for me.
>I would like to hear comments, especially if someone finds information in
>readme.txt incomplete or incorrect.
Just in case it isn't obvious, we don't support patched versions of
cygwin here. If there are comments they should go to the original
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html