This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Two problems with latest Cygwin version
- From: "ANDREW PALFREYMAN" <andrewppp at earthlink dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:20:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: Two problems with latest Cygwin version
- Reply-to: "ANDREW PALFREYMAN" <andrewppp at earthlink dot net>
Please disregard the 2nd problem. Somehow my Windows PATH env var got corrupted.
----- Original Message -----
From: "ANDREW PALFREYMAN" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:08 PM
Subject: Two problems with latest Cygwin version
Running XP Home on a pretty standard system.
Downloaded and installed the latest Cygwin ("complete" installation) about 3 days ago.
Two problems I'd like to report that I couldn't find in the FAQ/etc.:
1. Before installation, my desktop contained a computer icon, a network icon and the trash can.
After installation completed, only the trash can remained on my desktop.
2. Before installation, my DOS cmd.exe understood the 'more' command.
After installation, my DOS cmd.exe no longer understands the 'more' command.
I note that earlier installations of Cygwin had problems with 'more' (don't recall details).
With this latest release, 'more' works normally.
It's thus as if Cygwin "hijacked" more.
I detect no binary change to my windows/system32/cmd.exe.
Does anyone have a fix for at least the second issue? It's highly unfriendly.
I fixed the first issue myself of course, but felt you should be aware of it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html