This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh (protocol 2) crash on brand new T2600 dual core cpu (Dell Latitude D620)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 16:36:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: ssh (protocol 2) crash on brand new T2600 dual core cpu (Dell Latitude D620)
- References: <446CA289.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 06:36:25PM +0200, Andreas Loebel wrote:
>I observed a ssh (protocol 2) crash (using cvs, rsync, scp, unison,
>etc.) only on my brand new T2600 dual core cpu whenever the load on the
>ssh tunnel raises.
>I have also noticed a thread about "scp timeout on dual-core processor",
>which sounds very similar, but provides no solution.
I think the saga of the dual core cpu (not to be confused with the epic
of the multithreading cpu) was proven to be just a myth.
The current expert thinking is that any problems are either due to fan
speed or case color.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html