This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: The $HOME variable; rxvt and .inputrc
- From: "Joe Smith" <unknown_kev_cat at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 18:25:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: The $HOME variable; rxvt and .inputrc
- References: <20060515141649.GA1592@home>
"George" wrote in message 20060515141649.GA1592@home">news:20060515141649.GA1592@home...
If $HOME is set it windows then it MUST be a windows path, or you can break
1. Does the admonition against setting $HOME as a Windows environmental
variable still stand, or was that an old wives' tale?
other (non-cygwin) programs that respect $HOME. Other than that
setting $HOME is fine, as cygwin will convert the variable to a unix style
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html