This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: rvxt-20050409-1 console problem [SUMMARY]
- From: "Harig, Mark" <maharig at idirect dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:34:27 -0400
- Subject: RE: rvxt-20050409-1 console problem [SUMMARY]
1. Thanks for taking on the 'rxvt' package. I look forward to the code
changes that will make 'man' pages more readable.
>(3) (a) add a command line option to say "force hide console" and use
that from scripts
2. I do not have any need for the script usage that you described
so I am neutral with respect to whether you add this new feature.
If you decide to add the feature, I would suggest that you implement
the "usual" three ways of using it:
- highest priority: a command-line switch
- next priority: an environment variable
- lowest priority: the ~/.rxvt configuration file
3. FWIW, here is a font that I found useful. It has worked on various
Windows versions (nt/2k/2003/xp) without any additional steps
on my part (i.e., no additional fonts needed to be installed). It
is not mentioned in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/rxvt-20050409.README. If
find it useful, please feel free to add it to the ones listed in
README file. Simply cut&paste the line to your ~/.Xdefaults. It
resizes fairly well with Shift-[num +]/Shift-[num -].
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html