This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cron execution
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:23:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cron execution
- References: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAlHG5AM/MnEOuR6C3tkYdTMKAAAAQAAAACO+syge8G0+wZX8zcKreLwEAAAAA@videotron.ca>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Nelson Pereira wrote:
I edited a users crontab, although I donât understand why it's not
The crontab has an entry to backup every hour, yet the cronjob does not
seem to get called.
Can someone explain to me what im missing?
Here's one thing:
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Do I have to call it from the windows scheduler?
Certainly not. Try executing something simple like:
* * * * * /bin/echo hello >/tmp/hi
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html