This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: res_search problem
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:38:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: res_search problem
- References: <20060511213519.GA13688@lucent.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 04:35:19PM -0500, Peter Fales wrote:
>I'm trying to port some code which uses res_search() to look up an SRV
>record. The attached code works on Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, Darwin, and
>Irix, but doesn't work on Cygwin. I'm not a DNS expert but this test
>case is derived from code at:
>Am I missing something fundamental, or is res_search not working? (In
>ethereal I can see the question being sent and the correct response coming
>back - but the correct string does not seem to be in the buffer returned
>from res_search().) Can someone point to an example of using
>res_search() under Cygwin?
AFAIK, Cygwin does not provide a res_search() function.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html