This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Increasing Available Memory for Cygwin Run Programs in XP
- From: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- To: "'brad.'" <krane at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:23:30 +1200
- Subject: RE: Increasing Available Memory for Cygwin Run Programs in XP
> I am trying to run a numerical simulation that requires a large amount
> of RAM in the cygwin environment running on a Pentium 4 with Windows
> XP and 3GB RAM. I have so far learned that Windows XP (and other
> Windows versions) allot only 2GB RAM for user program space. I have
> verified this with a small program I developed that allocates the
> maximum available memory to 4 bytes.
> In Windows when I run this program I am able to allocate a total of
> 1.94GB of memory,
Look at "--large-address-aware" option in ld.info.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html