Re: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

On Apr 27 20:15, Steven Hartland wrote:
> [...]

Damn (sorry).

It works fine for me with the latest snapshot.  I tried Peter's example
with 1000 files and rsync over ssh works like a charm for me.  Sigh.

This is really a tricky problem.  What I could do to circumvent this at
least for connections over ssh is to upload an OpenSSH test version
which uses socketpairs instead of pipes for the local connection to the
applications.  This avoids using pipes which are the culprit here,
apparently.    I would mark it as experimental version, but actually the
only difference would be that it would be a few per cent slower than the
version using pipes.  And that it probably doesn't hang.

Is there interest in such a version?

Corinna

Red Hat