run.exe no longer working

All of a sudden, I find that run.exe is no longer able
to launch startx. For example, I had been
using for several months a desktop shortcut that calls
the following target:

C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /bin/tcsh -c
/usr/X11R6/bin/startx

(did that get split to 2 lines? should be one)

This shortcut worked like a charm for many months.
Then, all of a sudden last week, it stopped working.
Symptom is that NOTHING occurs - not even an error
message. No new processes appear in windows Task
Manager either. startx has not been modified, nor any
associated start files (.Xinitrc, etc.)

I installed only one new app (snoopfree privacy
shield), however I subsequently uninstalled it (and
rebooted), yet the problem persists. Furthermore, I
have a 2nd PC upon which I installed this same app and
my window manager is still able to be launched.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
-Bob
 Andover, MA