This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mainCRTstartup warning in ld
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:18:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: mainCRTstartup warning in ld
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Adam Miedzi?ski wrote:
> when i link with "ld" it shows warning about mainCRTstartup
Because the C runtime startup files expect that your code has a main()
> when i try to run .. it crashes before code executed!
You appear to be trying to do *nix type syscalls. That won't work.
Windows does not use int 80 to call into the kernel. If you are trying
to follow some kind of assembly language tutorial for linux or BSD then
you'll need to actually run this on a linux or BSD system. Cygwin
provides compatibility on an API level only, not at the level of
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html