This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: problems running mmv on cygwin
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:24:33 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: problems running mmv on cygwin
- References: <01f801c64eaf$1ec68d90$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 23 March 2006 18:49, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> > You should really be asking the suppliers of mmv, but error 0xc0000005
> > ("the application could not be initialized properly")
> ITYM "0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION". It can indeed a) be
> caused by bad perms or b) lead to the application failing to initialize
> properly, but the message you quoted above is IIRC 0xC0000142, isn't it?
No, I did mean 0xC0000005, though I misremembered the exact message (which
is "The application failed to initialize properly") -- see, for example
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas, puisque tu t'en rends compte."
"But no -- you are no fool; you call yourself a fool, there's proof enough in
that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html