This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 4355 pipe handlers open at once - is this to be 'expect'ed?
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:15:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: 4355 pipe handlers open at once - is this to be 'expect'ed?
- References: <007401c64ce1$ed181990$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Dave Korn wrote:
> I thought the value for hProcess looked a little suspiciously high, but on
> digging through it with Process Explorer (which appears to be playing nicely
> with cygwin programs these days) discovered that it was a real process handle
> value, because expect.exe had over four thousand anonymous pipes open:
I noticed this a few months ago. At the end of running the full gcc
testsuite there were over 60,000 handles in the expect.exe process, the
vast majority of which were these anonymous pipes that you show below.
I tried to reproduce it with a looping dummy "hello world" test harness
but couldn't. I think it's something particular in the (quite
customized) gcc 'expect' harness.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html