This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Don't understand proc magic check.
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:03:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: Don't understand proc magic check.
- References: <007a01c649bd$165e8e60$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Dave Korn wrote:
> Nahh, didn't help. Bizarro.
> Oh, hang on. "DESTDIR=" doesn't seem to work. Just specifying
> "prefix=/usr" turns out to do the trick.
> Bingo! Thanks Brian. That's exactly what the message was trying to tell
Ah, that will teach me to type commands that I haven't actually used. I
configure with --prefix=/usr specifically so I can do these after
building the DLL and stopping all services:
make -C cygwin install-headers install-man
make -C utils install
make -C cygserver install
# run CMD.EXE and install cygwin1.dll+cygwin1.dbg
This is my equivalent of installing the full snapshot, except that I
build it myself with a handful of local patches.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html