This is the mail archive of the cygwin mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RE: Don't understand proc magic check.

On 16 March 2006 20:21, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>>   I don't even understand how it can get to the "proc magic mismatch" error
>> without printing out the "res is ..." debugging message, and I'm kinda
>> stumped what to try next.  Anyone got /any/ suggestions at all?
> By any chance are you trying to use the newly-built DLL with installed
> headers from 1.5.19 or some other version that is still older than the
> just-built DLL?  I make it a point to do something like "make
> install-headers DESTDIR=/usr" whenever installing a newly-built
> cygwin1.dll that I intend to actually use.

  Nahh, didn't help.  Bizarro.

  Oh, hang on.  "DESTDIR=" doesn't seem to work.  Just specifying
"prefix=/usr" turns out to do the trick.

  Bingo!  Thanks Brian.  That's exactly what the message was trying to tell

>> [*] I may be mistaken in my belief that I need them, but that's beside the
>> point.
> I've never had any problems using the packaged version of binutils, it
> seems to work fine with the split .dbg file.  The packaged version of
> binutils is what created the .dbg file in the build in the first place,
> so I would say it's safe to assume that it has that support.

  Ah, but I'm running with a setup based off a slightly stale internal mirror,
but then there's a few bits and pieces I've built from source... I'm not quite
sure what versions of a lot of things I've got installed a lot of the time!

  Oh and anyway maybe it was gdb/insight I needed to rebuild.  I really ought
to keep notes! :)

Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

Unsubscribe info:
Problem reports:

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]