This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't start an exe downloaded with wget
- From: "JC Oosthuizen" <jc dot oosthuizen at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:10:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: Can't start an exe downloaded with wget
- References: <44192BB4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> When I download a Windows exe from a random site with wget on a NTFS
> partition I can not start that exe. As a workaround I now download it on
> a FAT32 partition.
> Is there something I can do about this? Did I miss an option?
Perharps the permissions got messed up.
try chmod 755 <downloaded file>
This should give you permissions to execute the file just downloaded.
FAT32 does not support permissions and any file that ends with a .exe
will have execute permissions. This is not the case for NTFS
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html