Re: cygrunsrv.exe Processor Util 100% on Windows Server

Corinna,

<snip>
> I'm running sshd without the -r option all the time and I can't observer
> the high CPU load as reported.  What's different on your system?!?

I *believe* this primarily happens on Windows2000.  I wasn't able to
track down.  The problem is that once the system gets in this state,
with 100% CPU it is virtually unusable, the primary goal is to
shutdown the daemon to get the system back for the primary user.

This became such a problem that I finally ended up turning of the sshd
daemon on all my Win2K systems and live without it, which was made
possible by the introduction of systems running Fedora which I could
use for secure access to the subnet.

I haven't tried the latest release, I am due for maintenance with the
impending Microsoft patch releases today, I'll turn it back on for
some of the systems and see if I can reproduce.

My general sense is that it has/had some thing to do with process
creation and signal handling, perhaps a missed signal?!?!?