bash and csrss using 100% of the CPU

I just installed the lastest version of cygwin on my W2K box and have
noticed that after about 3-4 minutes, bash.exe and csrss.exe are using
about 100% of the CPU. This happens if I simply start a cygwin shell
and wait for some time. I've only done the default base installation
and have not made any changes. One thing that maybe of importance is
that I don't have administrator privledges on this machine. Attached
is the output of cygcheck -s -r -v. I saw several other people with
this problem in the archive, but not solution posted. Any ideas? I'd
like to fix it because it significantly bogs down my machine.

--
Kevin Van Workum