This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug: run emacs: fatal error reading the windows environment
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:33:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bug: run emacs: fatal error reading the windows environment
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mar 3 11:47, Kirk Hilliard wrote:
> Hi All,
> After upgrading cygwin, my emacs shortcut stopped working and I
> discovered that ``run emacs'' yielded the error:
> 12 [main] emacs 900 C:\cygwin\bin\emacs.exe: *** fatal error -
> internal error reading the windows environment --
> too many environment variables?
Is that a native Windows emacs? A Cygwin emacs shouldn't have any
problem. Otherwise, if it's a native Windows emacs, could you try
with the latest version of the "cygstart" tool instead of "run"?
Alexander, does the latest "run" version have the stuff added to
regenerate the Windows environment before calling CreateProcess,
like cygstart has?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html