This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Printing man pages
- From: Reid Thompson <reid dot thompson at ateb dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:06:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: Printing man pages
- References: <20060302065638.GA1528@home>
- Reply-to: reid dot thompson at ateb dot com
Generating a PDF from the grep man page, for example, using:man groff | enscript -p - | ps2pdf - groff.pdf
man -t `man -w grep` | ps2pdf - grep.pdf
which, by default, is actually
/usr/bin/groff -Tps -mandoc `man -w grep` | ps2pdf - grep.pdf
results in a fairly unattractive PDF file. The man page title is
dropped from the output, and the top margin is borked.
On the other hand, using
/usr/bin/groff -Thtml -mandoc `man -w grep` > grep.html
yields something more satisfactory, but not in a format for printing.
I'm finding that reading through the groff man page(s) is like
[obligatory hippo joke], so I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html