This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.19-4 and gnu make 3.80-1 causes popup console windows from child make processes
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:40:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.5.19-4 and gnu make 3.80-1 causes popup console windows from child make processes
- References: <4404AA70.firstname.lastname@example.org> <02cb01c63d28$21f6b3c0$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:03:20PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 28 February 2006 19:54, Paul Hepworth wrote:
>>I upgraded to 1.5.19-4 yesterday and now notice the following new,
>>undesirable behavior: empty console windows for child make processes.
>>I use the FTE editor and run make from it, the make output being
>>displayed inside an FTE window. Before upgrading to 1.5.19-4, no
>>console windows popped up, even when make called child $(MAKE) (which
>>in turn call child $(MAKE) and so forth).
>>Now, I get a pop-up console window for make and each child make. The
>>output from all of these still goes to FTE, but the empty popup console
>>windows take focus and are annoying. This doesn't occur with other
>>external programs launched by FTE, just make.
>Hmm, I wonder if this is what's been making some of my windows start
>randomly popping to the front while I'm running a big complex build
>from bash in a minimized DOS console involving multiple instances of
>processes launched from bash and cmd.exe shells?
If only there was a simple wossname (patent leather shoes pending) which
illustrated the problem.
Nah. That trick never works.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html